Monday 30 March 2015

DO WE REALLY KNOW OURSELVES ???


Hiiiii everyone, hope you are all doing great and looking forward to all the fun April has in closet, its a beautiful Monday morning today and like always i started my day with a cup of tea and the most important routine in my life now MEDITATION.

One evening during the month of January me and my mother were walking to the gym, she randomly told me about her personal meditation experience and how much good it has done to her, i listened to her carefully but when she suggested me to practise it, i was mistakenly very sure that its not my thing and my obvious then response being "Meditation!! nahhh..i'am not spiritual and as it is i don't need it" ,very shortly one day in college  i was low, feeling all kind of negative things, this was a little more than just a little low and not a usual feeling for me... guess what i did? like always i asked help from my best friend Google, i typed "how to be happy when sad?" i came across many suggestions, most of them very practical and temporary and of course i came across the magic remedy meditation, i was a little skeptical but i tried, to my utter surprise i couldn't even sit and not think about anything for even two minutes in continuance, that's when i realized that my mind is not is not in my control. Coming back to what i told my mother, did i really not need meditation?? I did, i ABSOLUTELY did and i still do and am i not spiritual ??? the answer to that is also positive, like every other person, i have a soul too, which needs nourishment. 

Since that day i'am meditating every single day, not very surprisingly i'am much more happy, less egoistic and most importantly at peace with myself. I'am learning and open to new ideas. It is very surprising to me how i did not know myself. Be open to new ideas and think positive, after all "your future begins with your next thought"  - Bryant H. McGill

4 comments:

  1. It's a gr8 feElin after reading this blog... One finds himself at a completely motivated level.. True heart feelings expressed ...keep posting such views :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good article for the beginners in meditation. This article provides a sneek peek to those who are planning but are still skeptical about it's benefits. Keep it up Admin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, waiting for ur next post:) good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the topic/theme of ur blog! meditation does do wonders!!! waiting for more... i too meditate when i am overstimulated or if i am contantly distracted by many negative thoughts. i have a restless mind.. so meditation is a need for my mind which encountrrs racing thoughts...

    ReplyDelete